Start-Up Visa (SUV) was a pilot program launched by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in March 2013 and officially became a permanent program in 2017. The project is to attract more international talents and entrepreneurs with technical expertise and innovative technology to bring development potential and high-tech projects to Canada, thereby promoting and stimulating Canadian economic development.
- have a qualifying business.
- have a letter of support from a designated organization.
- meet the language requirements CLB 5 or above, and.
- have enough money to settle and live in Canada before you make money from your business.
- All family members (children must be under 22 years old) to get Irrevocable Permanent Residence status while still located outside of Canada
- No assets declaration report
- High school graduate or above
- No management experience requirement
- Low English required — CLB-5 or above
- No restriction on residential areas (except Quebec)
- Landing Canada with a work permit (optional) and wait for the permanent residence approval
High Level Process:
List of designated organizations –Start-Up Visa
- Venture capital funds
- Angel investor groups
- Business incubators
Special Remark: Start-Up Visa program not offered in Hong Kong by our company.