/* * Template Name: Single Post * description: Single Post */ Apex Prime

Post Details

Permanent Residence Pathways For Hong Kong Residents (a.k.a. Lifeboat)

(Special reminder: the Canadian government can terminate the new applicants for this program at any time)

Stream A : In-Canada Graduates

Study + Immigration 【The application period is five years: from 1/6/2021 to 31/8/2026】

High Level Process:

  • Apply school
  • Received LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
  • Apply for a study permit
  • Study in Canada
  • Once you meet the requirements and graduate, you can apply for PR immediately

Requirements of applying for PR after graduation:

  • Must live in Canada during the application period
  • Graduated from an eligible school in Canada within the last 3 years
  • Study was completed in any field of study, with at least 50% of the program of study (total courses) completed while physically present in Canada, either in class or online.
  • 2-year college degree or above
  • Language CLB5 or above

 Stream B : Canadian Work Experience

 Work Permit + Immigration 【Application period for two years: from 8/2/2021 to 7/2/2023】

As long as the applicant has completed a 2-year college degree or above outside Canada within 5 years and graduated, the applicant can apply for a maximum three-year open work permit (spouse can also apply for an open work permit). After work for one year and can apply for permanent residence after meeting the eligibility requirements.

Application basic requirements:

  • Must graduate within the past 5 years when applying for the open work permit
  • 2 years college degree or university degree or above
  • College degree must apply for WES verification
  • In principle, degree holders do not need to apply for WES, but the Immigration Bureau has the right to require applicants to provide WES verification

Requirements for applying for permanent residence:

  • Must graduate within the past 5 years
  • 2 years in an eligible Canadian college degree or university degree or above
  • Accumulated 1 year full-time (1560 hours) working experience in Canada within 3 years of the work permit
  • Self-employed person (T4A) does not qualify as working experience in Canada
  • Maternity leave and extended leave are not counted
  • NOC 0, O A B C D can be
  • The applicant must be ordinarily resident in Canada during the application period